CRITICAL HEAT FLUX APPARATUS:
Critical Heat Flux Apparatus consists of cylindrical glass container filled with distilled water. The heating surface is in the from of a Nichrome heater wire completely submerged in the water to initially heat the water upto the required temperature, to study the critical heat flux phenomenon at various bulk temperatures. The temperature of the water in the container is measured with the help of a thermo meter. Electrical supply to the test heating wire is given through a Dimmerstat and the power input is measured with the help of a voltmeter and an ammeter.
1. Cylindrical glass vessel : of approx 200 mm diameter.
2. Cylindrical glass vessel : of approx 125 mm. height.
3. Bulk heater : Nichrome coil.
4. Test heater : Nichrome wire.
5. Thermometer : 10 to 110°C
6. Control panel comprising of:
(a) Dimmerstat : 0- 10 amps.
(b) Voltmeter : 0 -100 V.
(c) Ammeter : 0-10 A.